Carol Gale, President
- Hartford resident and attended Hartford schools
- 30 years teaching experience in HPS spanning elementary, middle, and high school
- Co-founder of the Breakthrough Magnet School
- Member of My Classroom to Colleague initiative
- Building rep at Global 4 years
- Hartford Teacher of the Year, 2004
Carol Gale is a 30-year Hartford teacher with experience spanning all grade levels in five different schools. Before being elected president of the HFT, she was a social studies teacher at Global Communications Academy. She earned a bachelor’s degree in urban studies from the University of Connecticut and a master’s degree in education from Saint Joseph College. She was a co-founder of the Breakthrough Magnet School and Hartford’s 2004 teacher of the year. She is committed to her native city of Hartford and to the education of city youth. She resides in Hartford with her partner of 28 years.